7.01.2013

Wonder

(*An excerpt from my google doc journal- i should try to post on here more often)
Today I caught a glance at my sideways self in the mirror at work. I looked so pregnant at that moment and felt so happy about that fact that I almost skipped back to my office. Yes, I'm a little nutty. I think the craziest thing for me about both being pregnant and bringing this child into the world is how it all tends to feel so huge, exciting, important, awe-inspiring, etc. etc., yet at the same time it is such a common and universal experience. And I feel like I have to keep myself in check, like, "Woman, calm down. Everyone does it. It's not that big of a deal, right?" But then I'm like, "OH, BUT IT IS! (to me!)"  I am so delighted and intrigued when I think about this little person who will be some random mix of Aaron's and my genes. Which chromosomes of ours did he inherit? He could be anybody! (Will he seem familiar, or a stranger I must get to know? Will he be the type of person that I would want to hang out with if he weren't mine?) I am so curious to find out--  even if I don't get most of the answers until many years down the road. 

3 comments:

  1. I am just so excited for you, Jenn! There are some not so great aspects of pregnancy, but the anticipation and excitement of it all is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. (yes, you should post more often)
    2. I love that you admonish yourself as "woman!"
    3. I am so excited to meet the random mix of yours and Aaron's genes.
    Congratulations happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it,urdu chat maza
    you could be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog andPAkistani chat rooms online
    will often come back at some point. I want to encourage continue your great work,pakistani girls mobile numbers list have a nice holiday weekend!
    I enjoy studying your publish. It is each useful and interesting to me. I will come back again once again to see your new posts
    urdu chat rooms pakistani girls and boys ,indain girls and boys,us girls and boys and Uk girls and boys chat room
    urdu chat lobby

    ReplyDelete