7.07.2008

The Gym

Early morning phone call:
(ring. I see it's L.A. Fitness, and hand it to Matt to answer)
M: He says he wants to talk to you.
Me: oh dear. into phone: Yes?
LA: Jennifer, we see you are a new member here. How has your experience been so far?
(knowing perfectly well he has the computer screen in front of him and can see how many times I have swiped my keycard this summer...a # that requires only one hand to count)
Me: Er. Well. You see...I've been out of town...
LA: Uh-huh. My name is Jeff. I want to help you.
Me: I don't know if I need it, I'm going back to college soon, and-
LA: Fine, fine- tell me, would you like a complimentary training session?
Me: I suppose so.
LA: I'm going to schedule you in for Wednesday. You will be with me.
Me: How wonderful.

My 3rd training session scheduled in the past month. Will disregard the signals my body sends early wednesday morning to call and cancel.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Except for AIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment