1.27.2010

Decisions, decisions...

I am aware that it is time for a new blog post. It's way past december, near past january. Now the question is, what should I say?

Should i blog about how mexican coke is better than regular coke? Well, it is...the difference lies in the 2nd ingredient: natural cane sugar (vs. high fructose corn syrup)
(mexico wins).

How about clean sheets. I love crisp, white, clean sheets. They are heaven.

---

Years and years ago i read this post about 'how to blog'. i linked it somewhere on an old blog and re-read it the other day. i realize i don't do most of those things...do any of us? some of my favorite gems:
"1. write every day. (ha, easier said than done...maybe if i was immobile on bedrest or something)
15. dont be afraid if you think something has been said before. it has. and better. big whoop. say it anyway using your own words as honestly as you can. just let it out.
17. people like pictures. use them. (i forget to take pictures)
19. push the envelope in what youre writing about and how youre saying it. be more and more honest. get to the root of things. start at the root of things and get deeper. dig. think out loud. keep typing. keep going. eventually you'll find a little treasure chest. every time you blog this can happen if you let it. (i can't write honestly on a blog that everyone i know reads...darned shame)
25. dont use your real name. (oops...too late)
29. dont apologize about not blogging. nobody cares. just start blogging again." (noted)

---

Well, I hate to end just yet so maybe now I'll share the contents of my purse. just for fun. it's sitting right here!
Presenting, in the order that I reach in and pull an item out:
*unopened pack of gum (orbit, wintermint)
*glasses-case
*80 gb hard drive (what i would take with me in a fire) (well helk i guess i'd just grab the whole purse!) (helk is my special word combo...i start to say: what the hel-- and then i'm all -- kkkk. helk. heck. yeah!)
*wallet ($21 cash, 3 library cards, 1 credit card, driver's license, BYU ID, U of M card, aaron's mini-diploma- he was going to throw it away)
*keys (car, mail, condo, and two others to who knows where)
*brush
*moisturizer
*dramamine (for car sickness)
*mini moleskine notebook
*old boarding pass from detroit to slc
*U of M id badge
*floss! (x2)
*Excedrin
*chapstick
*undereye concealer, for the ubiquitous dark circles. it depuffs & brightens!
*nail file
*3 pens
*1 pencil (with my name engraved on the side-- fancy)
*3 paperclips
*SLC Hyatt room key
*old grocery list (bananas, basil, cake mix, cornmeal, tortillas)

No day like today to clean out my purse anyhow.

---

Welp, sorry for the scattered writings that didn't mean much whatsoever. but i blogged! Til next time, paz afuera.

5 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed this. Those were some good book suggestions, and your panini sounds delicious. The inside of your purse is much more full than mine. Mine has my keys and wallet. Helk, what a splendid idea! haha splendid, indeed. Well, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn (if that is your real name) you are amazing! I, like Janessa, enjoyed your post very much!

    I laughed about number 19 on your how to blog. I'm sure we all feel that way to some extent.

    Also, your purse should be used in a magic show because it sounds like it is bottomless. I was just waiting for you to say Aaron was in there. By the way, why was he going to throw away his diploma! Especially one from such a revered institution?! Sheesh Aaron. :)

    P.S. Blog's been up for one month exactly and I've earned $15.48! I think thanks to you mostly. I owe you lunch or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that 'how to blog' isn't MY 'how to blog!' It's someone else's, so click that link if you want to read all the suggestions! Just want to make sure i don't get false credit..

    Also, yes, my purse really is bottomless, like a giant grocery sack. it's not that great cause i'm always rummaging around trying to find something...i think i need something more organized with various pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, you inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really? i don't believe it! Well, thanks. i'm glad i can be a blogging beacon.

    ReplyDelete