8.06.2010

The delights of life

August already...we've been living here in michigan for a year. over a year! An important year filled with lots of discovery and thinking, working and reading, saving and planning, and, why not? a bit of fun and frivolity! I've enjoyed living this year.

---

A couple weeks ago i started searching for a perfect frosting recipe. I was very familiar with the traditional buttercream- lots of powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and milk- but wanted something different, yet still vanilla-y and creamy and not too sweet and addictingly delicious.

I searched through like 100 different recipes & i found it, i think i did anyway:

8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 Tbls. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. salt
1 packet Dream Whip
1/2 tsp. almond extract (*the tinge bittest less than 1/2 tsp...like 3/8 tsp)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. clear butter flavor
About 3 cups of Confectioner's Sugar

Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and blended. Add extracts (vanilla, almond & butter flavor) to a small bowl, mix in the salt to dissolve, then add mixture to cream cheese. Add Dream Whip and mix well. Finally, add the Confectioner's Sugar until frosting is desired thickness. (I used slightly less than 3 cups (maybe 2 1/2) of powdered sugar, and it was the right amount of sweet.) Anyway, chill the frosting in the fridge for an hour at least-- it becomes even creamier the longer it chills. (I made the frosting on a Sunday night, and by Friday it was still amazing, and had seemed to progressively become more delicious as the week went on. Yes!)

(p.s., see here and here for photos)

---

What else should i say today? Well, occasionally, i sit and think of updating my facebook status. But then i become completely stumped. How do i write a status update that sounds neither bragging, complaining, or boring? Too hard...i usually give up.

However, because me and aaron just watched 'nacho libre', if i were to update my status currently it would be filled with quotes from the movie, because it is hilarious.

such as:

'I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night... for some toast.'

'My life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic!'

'Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun.'

---

Anywho, good bye. And here's a photo aaron took of a baby longhorn cow. Apparently, after he took this, the mother started to charge toward him and he had to run away. Also, it was a color photo, but the green of the grass clashed with my blog background. God is in the details!


2 comments: