5.12.2009

What we do, and then some

I'm posting live from the U of U health sciences library. I like our little routine we've gotten into-- every day, I work at the diabetes center for 5 or 6 hours, and then I drive over to the hospital, park in the patient lot, and walk through the college of medicine into the library, where I sneak on over to my studious husband and stealthily, so as not to disturb the med students, steal a few besos. He continues to study and I (using my handy UID) log onto the internet or read books. Boy do i have a great book to tell you about. another time. So we stay there for a few more hours, and then we walk out, hand in hand, until we realize the construction workers in the hallways may not have a hand to hold during their days, and we let go. And home we head. 

 Also, can i say a few words about pharmaceutical reps? Several days each week, they bring delicious food to the diabetes center conference room- macaroni grill, costa vida burritos, etc, enough to feed all the staff. Hundreds of dollars worth of food per day. They do it in hopes of bribing the 6 doctors into buying their drugs and pawning them off to the public; however most of us are not doctors and we run in, fill our plates to the brim, grab some cokes and giant cookies with m&m's, and scamper on out. i love it, but i don't see how they do...

 I was telling aaron that i would do some crazy things to learn spanish fluently. before marriage was imminent, i was pondering putting in mission papers and only accepting the call if it was spanish-speaking. I would then spend 18 months meeting interesting people and learning the language, cheaper than actually living abroad. The church would kill me if it knew my dirty plans. Aaron pointed out that there are more efficient ways to learn. like moving to spain in some years, where i would give birth to my first born; upon moving back to america my child would have a lispy spanish accent. And i'd sign up for aaron's current job of hospital interpreting. One must ponder the possibilities, musn't one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment