10.03.2009

Saturday afternoon, or, post #87

This condo is really starting pull itself together. I think it's the plants. One of the things that i thought was funny and liked about aaron was his love of plants. He had the coolest plants in his apartment at byu and it reminded me of my dad, who also loves house plants. he tenderly waters them each saturday. And now that we have visited the home depot nursery and returned with 3 large plants, this place feels like a home. of course, home is a state of mind. i've found home in the most unlikely of places. 


It's rained a lot lately; i like lying in bed listening to the rain against the window. Now what would be good would be a massive thunder and lightning storm. i would like one. 

This week i ate a lot of cake and guac. both homemade, so that's not as bad i hope. I had never made guacamole before but it was so freaking delicious. avocados, cilantro, onion, serrano, lime juice, salt. I knew the basic ingredients and just kind of made it up as i went along. It was mexican week, and let me say that I love homemade tacos so deeply. They are healthy, fresh, & so abundant in flavor. The tortilla, some chicken for Aaron, avocado, cilantro, onion, tomato, and lime. [with rice and black beans, por supuesto.] Sweet sister lizzy sing me a sweet song of joy! 

 My brother is stationed in a little village near the border in new mexico on his mission...it sounds so different and I’m fascinated.  i have a not-so-secret desire to live in new mexico or arizona someday- have my own chile farm, or that sort of thing. Of course, i have a multitude of desires so i'm curious to see where life leads. 

 Sometimes at work I think i am the only person there without career goals/passions. everyone is so very ambitious. (in fact, i may be one of only a couple people in the entire unit who has only one degree. I'll be talking to someone and then later look them up on the website and find, 'oh so they're a MD/PhD/MPH' (yes all three). People are crazy!! I mean, brilliant, but crazy. (it's like that country song, "god is great, beer is good, and people are crazy").    
I will forever be plagued by my 'type B' personality but it has its perks. I am really skilled at relaxing, for example. 

Well, there’s only so much I can say on a Saturday afternoon.  I now take my leave! 

6 comments:

  1. I think in the battle of your type B personality and my type A...your type B is winning. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, where is that sweet sister lizzy quote from? I am ashamed that I can't tell, although I know it's from a little boy who has a lisp. Which would explain why you are quoting it.

    And yes, I would love to come visit. As soon as I have $. And Aaron brought me a plant when my grandpa died. It was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to visit! but don't count on it... you will probably be out here first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is from singles ward! The TV salesman, after describing all the features of the biggest TV, says "THWEET THISTER LITHY THING ME A THWEET THONG OF JOY!"
    It's my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you abbreviate things, like guac. for example. I also like reading about your secret desires. It makes me wish I had secret desires of my own. Maybe you could say, that it is a secret desire of mine. (To have secret desires like yours). Anyway, your condo sounds so great. I'll for sure have to visit next time I'm out there! yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The guac comes from the Malt Shoppe in Provo. For years their sign said "We serve fresh guac." I recently noticed they changed it.

    ReplyDelete